CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionA series of ... tools for helping [children and youth] strengthen their executive function skills and thereby function more successfully both personally and academically throughout life --Publisher.
- Author BiographySheri Wilkins, PhD, has worked in the field of education for over 30 years at the preschool, elementary, high school, and university levels. She has dedicated her professional career to serving students with disabilities and building the capacity of educators to better serve this unique population. After her son Dominic sustained a mild traumatic brain injury in a car accident in 2010, Sheri gained first-hand experience in the power of environmental modifications and metacognitive strategies to support people who struggle with executive functions. It was this personal experience that led her to work with parents of children with disabilities, specifically children who may be inflexible, emotional, impulsive, and poor at planning and problem solving. Sheri worked as part of the University of California, Riverside, USA, committee that developed a certificate program for teachers in the education of students with autism and served as a reviewer in the National Professional Development Center on Autism Disorders' 2014 update on evidence-based practices. Carol Burmeister, MA, has served as a paraprofessional, general and special education teacher, program specialist, university instructor, and consultant in a wide variety of educational settings, which has provided her with the opportunity to work with students with unique learning challenges, including cognitive, behavioral, communication, and autism spectrum disorders. Carol has been instrumental in improving the lives of individuals with disabilities through involvement in a variety of organizations at the local, state, and national levels. With Sheri Wilkins, she worked as part of the University of California, Riverside, USA, committee that developed a certificate program for teachers in the education of students with autism and served as a reviewer in the National Professional Development Center on Autism Disorders' 2014 update on evidence-based practices.
- Author(s)Carol Burmeister,Sheri Wilkins
- PublisherAAPC Publishing
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAutism Asperger Publishing Co,US
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Foreword byKari Dunn Buron
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.