All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPreternaturally hardened whale dung is not the first image that comes to mind when we think of perfume. But the key ingredient that makes the sophisticated scent linger on the skin is precisely this bizarre digestive by-product - ambergris. The author tracks down the secretive collectors and traders who populate the clandestine ambergris trade.
- Author BiographyChristopher Kemp is a molecular biologist who currently lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, with his wife and two sons. He has worked as a columnist for Cincinnati CityBeat, and his science writing has appeared on Salon.
- Author(s)Christopher Kemp
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note12 colour plates, 12 halftones
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.33
- £40.35Trending at £41.19
- £30.00Trending at £43.08
- £18.73Trending at £19.67
- £33.99Trending at £37.63
- £16.29Trending at £16.46
- £30.19Trending at £33.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.