All listings for this product
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £149.84Trending at £157.41
- £14.95Trending at £15.13
- £19.38Trending at £19.63
- £7.88Trending at £9.98
- £9.57Trending at £12.90
- £9.45Trending at £10.24
- £6.95Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionOutlines a paradigm for flood management, one that emphasizes cost-effective, long-term success by integrating physical, chemical, and biological systems with societal capabilities. This book describes flood management practices, which are often based on dam or levee projects that do not incorporate the fresh understandings about river processes.
- Author BiographyRobert Freitag is executive director of the Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup and director of the Institute for Hazards Mitigation Planning & Research at the University of Washington. He has recently developed a higher education course in floodplain management for FEMA, based on the principles articulated in this book. Susan Bolton is a professor at the University of Washington in the Department of Forest Resources. Frank Westerlund is the chair of urban design planning at the University of Washington. Julie Clark is a geologist.
- Author(s)Frank Westerlund,J.L.S. Clark,Robert Freitag,Susan Bolton
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.