All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of perspective, which allowed Florentine artists to depict the world from a spectator's point of view, originated in Baghdad with an eleventh-century mathematician. Using the metaphor of the mutual gaze, Belting narrates the encounter between science and art, Arab Baghdad and Renaissance Florence, that revolutionized Western culture.
- Author BiographyHans Belting is Professor for Art History and Media Theory at the Academy for Design in Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Author(s)Hans Belting
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2011
- GenreThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Content Note40 color illustrations, 71 halftones
- Weight934 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Translated byDeborah Lucas Schneider
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.