All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £22.56
- £4.60Trending at £6.19
- £12.06Trending at £12.67
About this product
- DescriptionIn this standard reference of the field, two different approaches are discussed and contrasted with each other. The first approach is based on the classical equations of flow and transport, called 'continuum models'. The second approach is based on modern methods of statistical physics of disordered media; that is, on 'discrete models'.
- Author BiographyMuhammad Sahimi is Professor of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science and the NIOC Chair in Petroleum Engineering at the University of Southern California, where he was the chairman of his Department from 1999-2005. He has also been a visiting professor in Australia and Europe, and a consultant to many major industrial corporations. For the past 30 years Professor Sahimi has been active in research on all aspects of characterization and modeling of a wide variety of porous media. He has received awards from the American Physical Society, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, and Russian Academy of Natural Sciences.
- Author(s)Muhammad Sahimi
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/04/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Weight1526 g
- Width180 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.