CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.94
- £7.29Trending at £9.70
- £25.45Trending at £26.64
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £17.99Trending at £19.59
- £7.47Trending at £8.12
- £8.23Trending at £11.94
About this product
- DescriptionFluid-structure interaction (FSI) is the interaction of some movable or deformable structure with an internal or surrounding fluid flow. This book covers the fundamentals and mechanisms giving rise to flow-induced vibration, with a particular focus on the challenges associated with pipes conveying fluid.
- Author BiographyMichael Paidoussis is the Thomas Workman Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engineering at McGill University and a Fellow of the Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME), the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the Royal Society of Canada, the Canadian Academy of Engineering and the American Academy of Mechanics (AAM). He is the Founding Editor of the Journal of Fluids and Structures, as of 1986. He has won the ASME Fluids Engineering Award in 1999 and the CANCAM prize in 1995. His principal research interests are in fluid-structure interactions, flow-induced vibrations, aero- and hydroelasticity, dynamics, nonlinear dynamics and chaos, all areas in which he is recognized as a leading expert.
- Author(s)Michael P. Paidoussis
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2013
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1920 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.