Flying Among Heroes: The Story of Squadron Leader T.C.S. Cooke DFC AFC DFM AE by Norman Franks, Simon Muggleton (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £10.96+ £0.41 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionT S C Cooke joined the RAF as war began in 1939, aged 18, and trained to be a bomber pilot. Rising to the rank of squadron leader and decorated three times, Cooke bombed Berlin on 7 October 1940 in a Whitley Mk V, nearly ditching in the North Sea. This title presents his story.
- Author BiographyNORMAN FRANKS is one of the world's leading authorities on First World War fighter aviation, having published some of the seminal works on the subject. SIMON MUGGLETON joined the Merchant Navy, after leaving London Nautical School, as an apprentice deck officer with the Bank Line Steamship Company. After marrying and living in New Guinea, he returned to the UK and worked at New Scotland Yard. He then transferred to Sussex Police before his retirement. He is a keen researcher on the RAF and its crews, with a particular interest in the Battle of Britain. He has co-authored three other books with Norman Franks.
- Author(s)Norman Franks,Simon Muggleton
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.85Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.82
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.