Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.02
- £17.46Trending at £17.95
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.41
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis new, updated edition of the widely cited classic offers a unique blend of theory and practice in a single, easy to read source. The Second Edition of Focus Groups: Theory and Practice provides a systematic treatment of the design, conduct, and interpretation of focus group discussions within the context of social science research and theory.
- Author BiographyPrem Shamdasani, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of Marketing; Associate Dean, Executive Education; Academic Director, Asia-Pacific Executive (APEX) MBA Program; Co-Director, Stanford-NUS Executive Program in International Management Program and Director, Advanced Management Program at the NUS Business School, National University of Singapore. He holds a BBA degree with first class honors from the National University of Singapore, and received his PhD in Marketing from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. His research and teaching interests include Brand Management, New Product Marketing, Retail Strategy, Relationship Marketing, and Cross-Cultural Consumer Behavior. He has taught in the Singapore and internationally, and has received numerous commendations and awards for teaching excellence. Aside from teaching graduate and executive MBA courses, Dr Shamdasani is very active in executive development and training and has worked with more than 80 companies globally such as Caterpillar, J&J, L'Oreal, McDonalds, Nokia, Sony, Samsung, IBM, Microsoft, 3M, DuPont, Asahi Glass, Philips, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Singapore Airlines, UPS, AP Moeller Maersk, Roche, Bayer Healthcare, GSK, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Barclays, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Deloitte, Danone, Nestle, Suntory, Volvo, Ikea, Carrefour, Royal Ahold, NTUC Incheon Int'l Airport, UPS, Wipro, Singapore Tourism Board, UNICEF, USDA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Singapore) and Commonwealth Secretariat (UK). He is also actively involved in focus group research for consumer products companies and social marketing programs. His research publications have appeared in the leading regional and international journals and include the Journal of Consumer Research, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Advertising Research, Asian Journal of Marketing, Asia Pacific Journal of Management and the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. Dennis Rook is a Professor of Clinical Marketing at the Marshall School of Business. He received his PhD in marketing in 1983 from Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management, where he concentrated in consumer behavior theory and qualitative research methods. Following this, he served on the marketing faculty of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Dr. Rook left the academic environment in 1987 to join the Strategic Planning Department of DDB Needham Worldwide in Chicago where he was a research supervisor. Following this he was appointed Director of Qualitative Research Services at Conway/Milliken & Associates, a Chicago research and consulting company. Dr. Rook rejoined the USC marketing faculty in 1991. Professor Rook's published research has investigated consumer impulse buying, solo consumption behavior, and consumers' buying rituals and fantasies. These and other studies have appeared in the Journal of Consumer Research, Advances in Consumer Research, Symbolic Consumer Behavior, and Research in Consumer Behavior. He has served as Treasurer of the Association for Consumer Research, for which he is also a member of the Advisory Council. In 1985, his dissertation research was awarded by the Association for Consumer Research, and in 1988, he was appointed to the Editorial Board of the Journal of Consumer Research. Dr. Rook has served as a research and marketing consultant for companies in the consumer packaged goods, financial services, communications and entertainment industries.
- Author(s)David W. Stewart,Dennis Rook,Prem N. Shamdasani
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/09/2006
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleApplied Social Research Methods
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 20
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight465 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.