CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.97Trending at £6.98
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.73Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
About this product
- DescriptionReading, a complex and multi-faceted skill, is essential for life and academic success. While its mysteries still baffle first-language research, the nature of reading in a foreign language presents an even greater puzzle.
- Author BiographyDr Rahma Al-Mahrooqi is an Associate Professor of English at Oman's Sultan Qaboos University, where she has worked for 20 years, teaching such courses as academic writing, communication, business English, research, and sociolinguistics. While holding many academic and administrative positions, she has coordinated tertiary English courses and an ESP program for the university's College of Science, and, during four years as Director of its Language Center, pioneered initiatives in English instruction for both university staff and the local community, and set up an IELTS Testing Centre. Dr Al-Mahrooqi has published widely on English language teaching in Oman, with a major focus on TEFL, reading, literature and communication. Professor Adrian Roscoe, currently teaching at Sultan Qaboos University, was educated in Britain and Canada, and previously held Chairs of English in Africa and New Zealand and a visiting professorship at the State University of New York. With interests in British and post-colonial literature, his writing includes essays, reviews, and books on East, West and Central African literature. Publications with Cambridge and Zell preceded such recent work as his Columbia Guide to Central African Literature (2008) and two books co-edited with Rahma Al-Mahrooqi: Literacy, Literature and Identity: Multiple Perspectives (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012) and Literature Teaching in the EFL Context: New Perspectives (Sultan Qaboos University Academic Publication Board, 2012).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- GenreELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight726 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAdrian Roscoe,Rahma Al-Mahrooqi
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.