All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree exciting, accessible stories - with fog hounds, a wind cat and sea mice - perfect for encouraging independent reading, and written by a best-selling author.
- Author BiographyJoan Aiken is the author of over 100 books for adults and children, many of them modern classics. She worked on the magazine, Argosy, and wrote hundreds of short stories before her first novel, The Wolves of Wiloughby Chase, was published in the early 60s. It was highly praised in Time magazine and its success allowed Joan to write full-time thereafter. She has said, I would never want to do anything but write stories. It is inventing your own world, using all the bits of the real one that you like best. And that is something you can do anywhere, at any time.
- Author(s)Joan Aiken
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Out-of-print date20/04/2005
- Content NoteIllustrated in b&w throughout
- Weight82 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Bailey
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £67.78Trending at £74.74
- £8.01Trending at £8.17
- £19.99Trending at £26.63
- £11.99Trending at £14.98
- £6.67Trending at £7.36
- £2.95Trending at £5.23
- £3.78Trending at £4.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.