All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFolk Legends from Tono takes readers on a magical tour through the psychic landscape of the Japanese spirit world that was a part of its oral folk tradition for centuries. Morse's insightful interpretation of the tales, his rich cultural annotations, and the evocative original illustrations make this book unforgettable.
- Author BiographyYanagita Kunio (1875-1962) was the founder of Japanese folklore studies. Sasaki Kizen (1886-1933) was a native of Tono and an avid collector of folk legends. Together they compiled and published The Legends of Tono in Japanese. Ronald A. Morse was Terasaki Professor of Japanese Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles. He is currently a director of the Sangikyo Corporation.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white halftones, 1 maps
- Weight263 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.48
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.