All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOsiris, god of the dead, was one of ancient Egypt's most important deities. This volume is concerned with ancient Egyptian conceptions of the relationship between Osiris and the deceased, focusing on five distinct periods over four millennia to trace changes in aspirations for the Osirian afterlife and explore when and why they occurred.
- Author BiographyMark Smith is Professor of Egyptology at the University of Oxford and Lady Wallis Budge Fellow in Egyptology at University College, Oxford. Originally from the USA, he earned his PhD from the University of Chicago, Illinois, in 1979.
- Author(s)Mark Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2017
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note1 black-and-white map
- Weight1412 g
- Width199 mm
- Height258 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £109.95
- £15.92Trending at £20.29
- £23.12Trending at £32.19
- £10.25Trending at £16.03
- £11.90Trending at £16.15
- £11.18Trending at £13.74
- £11.30Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.