Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £20.12
- £9.22Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight950 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited bySatinder Ahuja
- Table Of Contents1. Overview 2. Mass Transport and Chemistry at the Air-Water Interface of Atmospheric Dispersoids 3. Water and energy nexus 4. Destroying pharmaceuticals in waste water with a minimum use of energy 5. Water management for hydraulic fracturing (fracking) 6. Water Management in the Area of Thermal in situ Oil Sands: Maximizing Recycle, Minimizing Waste 7. Water Scarcity: Global Challenges for Agriculture 8. Energy Resource Extraction and Water 9. Water availability and quality: Are we at the brink? 10. Foundations of water quality monitoring and assessment in United States 11. Impact of irrigation water on food 12. Edible Materials Defined As Neither Food Nor Drugs 13. Biochemical reactors for the removal of metals from mine-impacted water 14. Solar Photovoltaic Technologies 15. Biofuels 16. Water Recovery and Reuse 17. Impact of Coal Energy on Water
- Author BiographyDr. Satinder Ahuja is a leading expert on improving water quality. He earned his PhD in analytical chemistry from the University of the Sciences, Philadelphia. He worked for Novartis Corp. in various leadership positions for over 25 years while simultaneously teaching and guiding research as an adjunct professor at Pace University for over 10 years. As president of Ahuja Consulting, he advises on quality issues relating to chemicals/pharmaceuticals and water. Dr. Ahuja has published numerous papers and more than 20 books. His latest books are Chemistry and Water: The Science Behind Sustaining the World's Most Crucial Resource (Elsevier, 2016), Food, Energy, and Water: The Chemistry Connection (Elsevier, 2015), and Water Reclamation and Sustainability (Elsevier, 2014). Others include Comprehensive Water Quality and Purification (Elsevier, 2013), Monitoring Water Quality: Pollution Assessment, Analysis, and Remediation (Elsevier, 2013), Novel Solutions to Water Pollution (ACS Symposium Volume, 2013), Handbook of Water Purity and Quality (Elsevier, 2009), and Arsenic Contamination of Water: Mechanism, Analysis, and Remediation (Wiley, 2008). A member of the executive committee of the Rivers of the World Foundation (ROW), Dr. Ahuja has organized numerous global symposia on improving water quality, including presentations for the American Chemical Society and UNESCO.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.