All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.32Trending at £13.48
- £10.97Trending at £11.67
- £11.10Trending at £12.13
- £5.45Trending at £5.90
- £10.54Trending at £14.18
- £9.05Trending at £12.08
- £12.52Trending at £17.34
About this product
- Author(s)Alexis Lipsitz Flippin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- GenreWhere to Stay / Where to Eat & Drink
- Series TitleFood Lovers' Series
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Weight19 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Author BiographyAlexis Lipsitz Flippin was born and raised in the small-town South. Her Baptist mother prepared exemplary Southern classics and her Jewish grandmother cooked state-of-the-art chopped liver and potato latkes and, in the fashion of the day, dabbled in Cantonese-American specialties-her chicken chow mein was built from scratch. So to grow up in sun-dappled kitchens where three wondrous cuisines commingled and perfumed the air was a pretty powerful culinary apprenticeship of sorts. it's little wonder that the biggest topic of conversation at the Lipsitz family table was the next meal. Now living in downtown New York, Alexis is the author of Frommer's New York Day by Day, Frommer's New York City with Kids, Frommer's Turks & Caicos, and Frommer's St. Maarten/St Martin, Anguilla & St. Barts and coauthor of Frommer's 500 Extraordinary Islands, Frommer's Caribbean, and Frommer's Carolinas & Georgia. She has written for numerous magazines and webzines including CNN.com, MSNBC.com, AARP.com, Away.com, and the Wall Street Journal, and is a former Senior Editor at Frommer's travel guides.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.