Consider these sponsored items
- £24.39Was:£24.99Free postage
- £33.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully revised and updated edition of the classic book on the chemistry of food - essential for students and teachers of food science and nutrition.
- Author BiographyDr Tom Coultate was Principal Lecturer in Food Biochemistry at the School of Applied Science at South Bank University, London, until his retirement in 2000. He first joined the School of Applied Science at South Bank University in 1972, after obtaining his PhD for studies on the biochemistry and physiology of a thermophilic bacterium from Leicester University. Since leaving school he had been first a lab. technician and then research assistant at Unilever's research laboratories in Bedfordshire (Colworth House) at the same time studying part-time to acquire an ONC, HNC and MIBiol. Having obtained his PhD, Tom embarked on a long and successful professional career fuelled by his fascination for food and the satisfactions of teaching! His particular interest was, and still is, the relationship between the essentially chemical nature of all foods and their distinctive, unique journey from field to plate and beyond. Tom is frequently invited to address local audiences and branch meetings of learned societies such as the RSC and SCI on food topics, and been an occasional television and radio interviewee. Previous editions of this book have been translated into Chinese, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish have been used by universities, food scientists and chemists worldwide. Although Tom retired from full-time teaching in 2000 he still maintains his links with professional colleagues including new friends at the nearby Open University campus at Milton Keynes. He continues to contribute articles for technical and trade magazines on food topics.
- Author(s)Tom P. Coultate
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Out-of-print date26/11/2015
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £13.51Trending at £14.35
- £32.27Trending at £33.10
- £15.73Trending at £20.45
- £10.75Trending at £13.14
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.62Trending at £11.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.