Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.15Trending at £23.46
- £23.91Trending at £24.43
- £40.81Trending at £44.31
- £26.30Trending at £26.79
- £38.57Trending at £43.85
- £12.69Trending at £13.14
- £20.30Trending at £26.91
About this product
- DescriptionThe state of Yucatan has its own distinct culinary tradition, and local people are constantly thinking and talking about food. They use it as a vehicle for social relations but also to distinguish themselves from Mexicans. This book examines the politics surrounding regional cuisine...
- Author BiographySteffan Igor Ayora-Diaz is Professor of Anthropology at the Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan (UADY). He has done fieldwork in Sardinia (Italy), and in Chiapas and Yucatan (Mexico), and has published on local cultural practices (medicine, gastronomy, and identities) in the global, postcolonial, and modern context.
- Author(s)Steffan Igor Ayora Diaz
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication20/01/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCEDLA Latin American Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number99
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.