CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.41
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.03
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
About this product
- DescriptionTakes a look at paper offerings from various angles - how they are made, sold, and used. This book describes various aspects of Chinese popular religion as it explores the many forms of these intricate objects, their manufacture, their significance, and their importance in rituals to honour gods, care for ancestors, and contend with ghosts.
- Author BiographyJanet Lee Scott has taught anthropology and sociology at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Baptist University. She is currently an associate in-research at the Fairbank Center for East Asian Research at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Janet Lee Scott
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Out-of-print date27/04/2017
- Content Note64 color illus.
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.