All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Noah Salomon
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 halftones.
- Weight539 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Figures ix Acknowledgments xi A Note on Transliteration and Translation xvii Introduction:In Search of the Islamic State 1 InterventionsChapter One: Of Shaykhs and Kings: The Making of Sudanese Islam 29 Chapter Two: Civilizing Religion: Observations on the Architectureof Late Islamism 56 ItinerariesChapter Three: Rebuilding the Muslim Mind: Epistemological Enlightenmentand Its Discontents 97 Chapter Four: The Country That Prays upon the Prophet the Most: The Aesthetic Formation of the Islamic State 125 Chapter Five: Politics in the Age of Salvation: Reimagining the Islamic State 158 InquiriesEpilogue: Escaping the Islamic State? 199 Bibliography 217 Index 231
- Author BiographyNoah Salomon is assistant professor of religion at Carleton College.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £21.94Trending at £22.11
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.