All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication10/10/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvanced Forensic Science Series
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight1380 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byMax M. Houck
- Edition StatementUK ed.
- Table Of ContentsSection 1. Overview Introduction Principles of Forensic Science Forensic Classification of Evidence Interpretation/The Comparative Method Clinical Forensic Medicine-Overview Forensic Pathology-Principles and Overview History of Forensic Sciences Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 2. Postmortem Interval Introduction Postmortem Interval Early and Late Postmortem Changes Estimation of the Time Since Death Vital Reactions and Wound Healing Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 3. Autopsy Introduction External Postmortem Examination Autopsy Histopathology Postmortem Imaging Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 4. Trauma Introduction Blunt Injury Burns and Scalds Asphyctic Deaths-Overview and Pathophysiology Strangulation Traumatic and Postural Asphyxia, Physical Restraint Immersion Deaths Sharp Trauma Systemic Response to Trauma Gunshot Wounds Domestic Violence Child Abuse Defense Wounds Self-Inflicted Injury Torture Traffic Injuries and Deaths Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 5. Causes of Death Introduction Sudden Natural Death Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Hyperthermia and Hypothermia Electrocution and Lightning Strike Deaths Associated with Medical Procedures Neonaticide Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 6. Identification Introduction Identification Forensic Age Estimation Personal Identification in Forensic Anthropology Identification of the Living The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Disaster Victim Identification Airplane Crashes and Other Mass Disasters Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions Section 7. Professional Issues Introduction Crime Scene to Court Expert Witness Qualifications and Testimony Health and Safety Deaths in Custody Suicide National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME) Key Terms Review Questions Discussion Questions
- Author BiographyDr. Max M. Houck is an internationally-recognized forensic expert with research interests in forensic science, education, and the forensic enterprise and its industries. He has worked in all aspects of forensic science, including at the FBI Laboratory. Dr. Houck has published widely in books and peer-reviewed journals. His anthropology and trace evidence casework includes the Branch Davidian Investigation, the September 11 attacks on the Pentagon, the D.B. Cooper case, the US Embassy bombings in Africa, and the West Memphis Three case, among hundreds of others. He served for six years as the Chair of the Forensic Science Educational Program Accreditation Commission (FEPAC). Dr. Houck is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a founding Co-Editor of the journal Forensic Science Policy and Management.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £11.65Trending at £13.99
- £11.09Trending at £12.99
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
- £6.24Trending at £7.50
- £13.03Trending at £16.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.