Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.31Trending at £9.07
- £6.56Trending at £6.88
- £9.60Trending at £13.07
- £12.17Trending at £13.25
- £10.75Trending at £13.77
- £6.49Trending at £6.88
- £9.91Trending at £13.07
About this product
- DescriptionForensic Psychiatry is an essential interdisciplinary book that is ideal for all trainees in psychiatry, clinical and forensic psychology, and other forensic mental health disciplines as well as for those professionals who work with psychiatrists in a legal setting, particularly members of the legal profession, probation and the police.
- Author BiographyNigel Eastman is Professor of Law and Ethics in Psychiatry at St George's, University of London and an Honorary Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist in the NHS, assessing and treating patients in medium security. Dually qualified as a doctor and barrister, he has researched and published widely on law and ethics relating to mental disorder and mental healthcare, as well as on policy and services for mentally disordered offenders. He is an advisor to the Law Commission, lectures for the Judicial Studies Board for England and Wales, as well as to judges in other jurisdictions, and has given evidence to Parliamentary Select Committees on law and psychiatry. Gwen Adshead is a forensic psychiatrist and psychotherapist. She trained in forensic psychiatry at St Georges' Hospital and then worked at the Institute of Psychiatry as a lecturer in forensic psychiatry. she then trained as a group psychotherapist; and for the last ten years has worked as a consultant psychotherapist at Broadmoor Hospital. Gwen also has a Master's degree in medical law and ethics. Dr Fox has worked with adult mentally disordered offenders in medium secure units and prison. She started working with young offenders in 2004 within a Young Offenders Institution. She currently works in both clinical and academic settings. In her clinical role she is responsible for supervising a Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Project in South West London which aims to prevent young people with antisocial behaviour entering care or custody. Her academic role is as a lecturer/clinical tutor on the Royal Holloway, University of London, Clinical Psychology training course. She is also involved in undertaking psycho-legal assessments for young people for the Criminal Courts. Richard Latham is a consultant forensic psychiatrist working in East London. He has a special interest in law and psychiatry. His clinical practice is in both medium secure care and community forensic psychiatry. He is currently involved in a pilot project of crown court psychiatric liaison. Sean Whyte is a Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist with CCTs in both general adult and forensic psychiatry. He has worked in a variety of hospital, community and secure institutional settings in both specialties and now leads the Community Forensic Team for South-West London, in addition to teaching and court work.
- Author(s)Gwen Adshead,Nigel Eastman,Richard Latham,Sean Whyte,Simone Fox
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleOxford Specialist Handbooks in Psychiatry
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note5 black & white line drawings
- Weight342 g
- Width107 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.