Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.99Trending at £28.17
- £26.57Trending at £27.18
- £21.99Trending at £32.96
- £14.99Trending at £16.89
- £14.48Trending at £15.94
- £8.44Trending at £9.51
- £4.88Trending at £4.96
About this product
- DescriptionVan Laar and Akca's popular text book, Forest Mensuration, was first published in 1997. Like that first edition, this modern and revised update is based on extensive research, teaching and practical experience in both Europe, and the tropics and subtropics.
- Author BiographyANTHONIE VAN LAAR was born in the Netherlands in 1923 and studied forest science at the University and Research Centre Wageningen between 1941 and 1949. In 1958 he emigrated to South Africa and obtained the D.Sc.degree in Forest Science at the University of Stellenbosch (1961) and thereafter Dr.oec.pub (1973) and Dr.hab. (1979) at the University of Munich. The theses dealt with forest biometry and growth modeling. Since his retirement in 1988 the author continued his involvement in these subjects, more particularly in growth models for Eucalyptus grandis. ALPARSLAN AKCA (born 1936) studied forestry at the University of Istanbul an Freiburg i. Br. He received his doctorate in Forestry at the University of Freiburg on identification of land use classes and forest types by means of microdensitometer and discriminant analyses in 1970 and his habilitations in photogrammetry and geodesy at the University of Istanbul in 1976 and in forest inventory and forest management at the University of Gottingen in 1981. He is Professor for Forest Management, Forest Inventory and Remote sensing at the University of Gottingen and retired 2001. His main research interest are forest mensuration. Forest inventory and remote sensing in forestry.
- Author(s)Alparslan Akca,Anthonie van Laar
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleManaging Forest Ecosystems
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 13
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight765 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.