CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a theory and a fragmentary history of destructive spectatorship in the twentieth century. This biblical story of punishment and transformation, a nexus of sexuality, sight, and cities, becomes the template for the modern fear that looking back at disaster might petrify the spectator.
- Author BiographyMARTIN HARRIES is Professor of English at University of California, Irvine. He is the author of Scare Quotes from Shakespeare: Marx, Keynes, and the Language of Reenchantment.
- Author(s)Martin Harries
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Note22 colour illustrations, 22 black & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.