CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £8.95Trending at £9.95
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £24.93Trending at £25.93
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
- £19.79Trending at £27.15
- £7.66Trending at £9.93
About this product
- DescriptionForkhead transcription factors, and the vital role they play in systems throughout the body, are presented in this reference. Leading experts highlight forkhead genes and proteins that may aid the development of new strategies for a broad array of disorders.
- Author BiographyKENNETH MAIESE is a physicianscientist whose interests focus on the basic and clinical mechanisms that control neuronal and vascular longevity and immune system function. He presently is the Chief of the Division of Cellular and Molecular Cerebral Ischemia and is a Professor in the Departments of Neurology and Anatomy and Cell Biology, the Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, and the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences at Wayne State University School of Medicine. Dr. Maiese graduated from the University of Pennsylvania Suma cum Laude with Distinction and received his medical degree as a Teagle and Grupe Foundation Scholar from Weill Medical College of Cornell University. He obtained his internship and residency at The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center and subsequently completed his clinical and basic science postdoctoral training at Cornell and the National Institute of Aging. Dr. Maiese has been fortunate to receive recognition with outstanding teaching awards and election to America's Top Physicians and The Best of U.S. Physicians. His investigations are designed to translate basic science into successful therapeutic treatments for conditions such as cancer, metabolic disorders, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke, and Alzheimer's disease. His work has received the distinction of High Impact Research and Potential Public Health Benefit by the National Institutes of Health with continuous funding from sources that include the American Diabetes Association, the American Heart Association, the Bugher Foundation, a Johnson and Johnson Focused Giving Award, and the National Institutes of Health. He chairs national grant committees and is a chartered panel member or consultant for several national and international foundations as well as multiple study sections and special emphasis panels for the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Maiese serves as the Editor-in-Chief for two international journals as well an Associate Editor or a member of the editorial board for several journals, executive committees, technology transfer panels, and scientific advisory councils. Given the broad applications of his work, Dr. Maiese is frequently honored as the chairperson and/or the plenary speaker for a number of international symposiums in a range of disciplines that include cell biology, neuroscience, vascular biology, cardiac disease, molecular oncology, and renal physiology.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number665
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note44 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKenneth Maiese
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.