Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.67
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
About this product
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight709 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byF.T.C. Harris,J.R. Gregg
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1964
- Table Of ContentsJoseph Henry Woodger, Curriculum Vitae.- Editors' Note.- Foreword.- I / Philosophy of Science.- Metaphysical Presuppositions and the Description of Biological Systems.- Speculations and Theories.- On Simple Theories of a Complex World.- The Devious Roads of Science.- Complexity And Organization.- The Relationship Between Formalized Languages And Natural Languages.- A Survey of Formal Semantics.- Analyticity Versus Fuzziness.- Toward a Logic of in Tensions.- II / Logical Analysis of Theory Structure.- Creative and Non-Creative Definitions in the Calculus of probability.- Algebraic Simplification of Redundant Sequential Circuits.- Aristotle's Syllogistic and its Extensions.- III / Models in Science.- A Representation of Animal Growth.- Analogies in Biology.- Probability Models and Thought and Learning Processes.- Models, Mathematics and Metaphors.- The Game-Theoretical Approach to Organization Theory.- Design by Natural Selection.- IV / Analytic Biology.- On The Concept of Genotype.- Gentical Semantics and Evolutionary Theory.- Biological Field Phenomena: Facts and Concepts.- Animal Organization as a Problem in Cell Form.- Morphological Correspondence and the Concept of Homology.- On Category Overlapping in Taxonomy.- An Analysis of Some Taxonomic Concepts.- Life Cycles as Hierarchical Relations.- Bibliographical Appendix.- Publications by Joseph Henry Woodger.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.