All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOpening with the provocative query what might an anthropology of the secular look like? this book explores the concepts, practices, and political formations of secularism. The focus is on major historical shifts that have shaped secular sensibilities and attitudes towards Islam in the modern West and the Middle East.
- Author BiographyTalal Asad is Distinguished Professor of Anthropology at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He is the author of Genealogies of Religion.
- Author(s)Talal Asad
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCultural Memory in the Present Series
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.48Trending at £5.03
- £7.48Trending at £7.63
- £7.17Trending at £10.37
- £9.51Trending at £9.68
- £10.43Trending at £11.98
- £4.03Trending at £4.08
- £9.11Trending at £9.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.