Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.15
- £6.82Trending at £7.31
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £25.99Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionDescribes the varied types of brutalization women experience through the life course, as well as historical and theoretical perspectives of global violence against women. This book illuminates the diverse ideologies and cultural conditions that condone and perpetuate the brutality that victimizes women.
- Author BiographyAndrea Parrot is a professor in the department of policy analysis and management at Cornell University. She is also a clinical professor of psychiatry at Upstate Medical University. Parrot is the author of numerous books, monographs, training manuals, and articles. She has appeared on many television and radio programs, including Face the Nation, Larry King Live, Oprah, and CBS This Morning. Professor Parrot has presented her work internationally, and has been an invited lecturer to over 100 college and University campuses around the world. Nina Cummings is a health educator specializing in women's health and the Victim Advocate at Cornell University. She is currently an adjunct faculty member at Ithaca College where she teaches Women and Health each spring. For over twenty years, her work has focused on violence against women, victimology, sexual violence prevention and education, and women's health. Ms. Cummings has collaborated on several publications with co-author Andrea Parrot including Rape 101: Sexual Assault Prevention for College Athletes.
- Author(s)Andrea Parrot,Nina Cummings
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/06/2006
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.