All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.00
- £31.49Trending at £34.21
- £13.79Trending at £20.01
- £23.44Trending at £40.21
- £9.70Trending at £10.26
- £20.62Trending at £29.99
- £4.45Trending at £4.98
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an epic portrayal of Israel's martial culture - of Sparta presenting itself as Athens. From Israel's founding in 1948, this book shows a leadership class engaged in an ideological struggle over whether to become the light unto nations, as envisioned by the early Zionists, or to embrace an ideology of state militarism.
- Author BiographyPatrick Tyler worked for twelve years at The Washington Post before joining The New York Times in 1990, where he served as chief correspondent. His books include Running Critical, A Great Wall (which won the 2000 Lionel Gelber Prize), and A World of Trouble. He lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Patrick Tyler
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Content Note8 pages of black & white illustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.