All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.19
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.06Trending at £9.29
- £9.60Trending at £11.20
- £15.50Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £9.35Trending at £10.44
About this product
- DescriptionOffering voice to the historic election of President Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States, this anthology of essays, poetry, and creative non-fiction documents the conversation on President Obama's campaign within the African American community, and the dialogue after his election and since he has taken the Oath of Office.
- Author BiographySonia Sanchez 44 on 44 Sonia Sanchez--poet, activist, scholar--was the Laura Carnell Professor of English and Women's Studies at Temple University. She is the recipient of both the Robert Frost Medal for distinguished lifetime service to American poetry and the Langston Hughes Poetry Award. One of the most important writers of the Black Arts Movement, Sanchez is the author of sixteen books. Lita Hooper 44 on 44 Lita Hooper is a poet, playwright and educator. She is the author of two chapbooks, Legacy and Perspectives, and a critical biography, Art of Work: The Art and Work of Haki Madhubuti (2006). Her work has also been published in online and print journals and magazines, including The Chattahoochee Review, poetrymidwest, Drumvoices Revue, Essence, The Drunken Boat, Reverie, and Pluck! She is a co-editor of 44 on 44: Forty- Four African American Writers on the Election of the 44th President of the United States (2011). Her collection of poems, Thunder in Her Voice: The Narrative of Sojourner Truth, was recently published in 2010. Michael Simanga 44 on 44 Michael Simanga is an activist, multi-discipline artist. He is author of the novel In the Shadow of the Son, poetry, short fiction and essays. His latest work is a historical study of the Congress of African People.
- Author(s)Lita Hooper,Michael Simanga,Northwestern University Press,Sonia Sanchez
- PublisherThird World Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThird World Press,U.S.
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.