All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Steven G. Krantz
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsNumber Systems The Real Numbers The Complex Numbers Sequences Convergence of Sequences Subsequences Limsup and Liminf Some Special Sequences Series of Numbers Convergence of Series Elementary Convergence Tests Advanced Convergence Tests Some Special Series Operations on Series Basic Topology Open and Closed Sets Further Properties of Open and Closed Sets Compact Sets The Cantor Set Connected and Disconnected Sets Perfect Sets Limits and Continuity of Functions Basic Properties of the Limit of a Function Continuous Functions Topological Properties and Continuity Classifying Discontinuities and Monotonicity Differentiation of Functions The Concept of Derivative The Mean Value Theorem and Applications More on the Theory of Differentiation The Integral Partitions and the Concept of Integral Properties of the Riemann Integral Sequences and Series of Functions Convergence of a Sequence of Functions More on Uniform Convergence Series of Functions The Weierstrass Approximation Theorem Elementary Transcendental Functions Power Series More on Power Series: Convergence Issues The Exponential and Trigonometric Functions Logarithms and Powers of Real Numbers Appendix I: Elementary Number Systems Appendix II: Logic and Set Theory Table of Notation Glossary Bibliography Index
- Author BiographySteven G. Krantz is a professor of mathematics at Washington University in St. Louis. He has previously taught at UCLA, Princeton University, and Pennsylvania State University. He has written more than 75 books and more than 195 scholarly papers and is the founding editor of the Journal of Geometric Analysis and Complex Analysis and its Synergies. An AMS Fellow, Dr. Krantz has been a recipient of the Chauvenet Prize, Beckenbach Book Award, and Kemper Prize. He received a Ph.D. from Princeton University.
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.85
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.08Trending at £9.50
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.