Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £10.54Trending at £10.86
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £19.59Trending at £26.31
- £9.14Trending at £9.52
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £12.17Trending at £13.78
About this product
- Author(s)Wendy Hart Beckman
- PublisherClerisy Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClerisy Press
- Weight270 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction 2. 1780s and 90s: First Families 3. 1800s and 10s: Settlement in Cincinnati and Statehood for Ohio 4. 1820s and 30s: Manufacturing and Steamboats -- The River Is King 5. 1840s and 50s: Changes in Transportation and Government 6. 1860s and 70s: Building a City 7. 1880s and 90s: Explosive Population Growth 8. 1900s and 10s: Rifts and Tensions 9. 1920s and 30s: Water, Water Everywhere 10. 1940s and 50s: Cincinnati Goes to War 11. 1960s and 70s: Open and Closed Doors 12. 1980s and 90s: More Reasons to Party 13: 2000s and 10s: The Dawn of a New Century 14. The Future
- Author BiographyWendy Hart Beckman is an award-winning freelance writer and editor. Founders and Famous Families of Cincinnati is her sixth book. She has published more than 300 articles in print and online publications, and has received a baker's dozen of awards for her writing, editing, and desktop publishing. Her articles have been published in Writer's Digest, Cincinnati Magazine, M.D. News Magazine, Cincinnati Enquirer, and elsewhere. Beckman's bachelor's degrees are in geology and natural science/technical communications. She has a master's degree in English--with a concentration in editing and publishing--and a graduate certificate in professional writing from UC. Beckman's hobbies are singing, reading, and writing. When she's not engaged in those activities, she can be found with one of her paintball teams, working on behalf of the nonprofit that she co-founded, Athletes Joined Against Spondylitis. She lives in Cincinnati with her husband and three sons, and sings with the historic Cincinnati May Festival.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.