All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRichly researched and engagingly written, this important history of imperial China shows in fascinating detail how Emperor Jiajing and his grand secretaries governed. Drawing on a treasure trove of the grand secretaries' personal writings, John W. Dardess's narrative brings to life the inner workings of the largest polity on the face of the earth.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Dardess is professor emeritus of history at the University of Kansas. His books include Ming China, 1368-1644: A Concise History of a Resilient Empire, Governing China, 150-1850, and A Political Life in Ming China: A Grand Secretary and His Times.
- Author(s)John W. Dardess
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/04/2016
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight399 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.20Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.