All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents both sides of a very controversial subject in today s media: induced hydraulic fracturing, or fracking. It covers the technology and methods used in hydraulic fracturing in easy-to-understand language, for the engineer and layperson alike, presenting the environmental effects of hydraulic fracturing.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Holloway's background includes organic and polymer synthesis as well as lab to pilot scale material manufacturing for Olin Chemical, military and aerospace product development for Parker-Hannifin, product engineering for Rohm & Haas / Dow Electronic Chemicals, technical marketing and application engineering for GE Plastics, product management for Graco, and most currently as director of reliability and technical development for NCH Corporation. He has served as a contributing writer for Manufacturing.net, Assembly magazine, Plant Services magazine, and Lubrication and Fluid Power magazine. He holds a BA in philosophy and a BS in chemistry from Salve Regina University and an MS in polymer engineering from the University of Massachusetts. He is a master black belt trained in Six Sigma, served as an adjunct professor at the University of North Texas, and was managing editor for Porsche Club of America's magazine, Slipstream. Oliver Rudd has twenty years of environmental experience centered on the petroleum industry. He graduated from the University of Houston with degrees in environmental science and English and is known in the environmental sector of the petroleum industry for his level-headed guidance in providing logically sound, honest feedback in tough situations. Rudd began his career working as a fluid engineer in international drilling operations, and his environmental experience continued in the petroleum industry with positions ranging from environmental field technician to senior project manager overseeing all levels of comprehensive site investigations.
- Author(s)Michael D. Holloway,Oliver Rudd
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- GenreIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleEnergy Sustainability
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight674 g
- Width156 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.