All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe language of frames suggests the need to rethink self and other in fostering ethical relationships as a foundation for peaceful existence. As whole and in each of its parts, this book encourages us to think about peace as an urgent and fundamental responsibility of curriculum at all levels of education.
- Author BiographyHans Smits (PhD in curriculum studies from the University of Alberta) is retired as an associate dean from the University of Calgary. He was a recipient of the Ted T. Aoki award for contributions to curriculum in Canada. Recent books include (with Lund, Panayotidis, Smits, and Towers) Provoking Conversations on Inquiry in Teacher Education (Peter Lang, 2012) and (with Rahat Naqvi) Thinking About and Enacting Curriculum in Frames of War (2012). Rahat Naqvi (PhD in the didactics of languages and cultures from the Universite de la Sorbonne, Paris) is Associate Professor in second language pedagogy at the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary. Her most recent publications include a book, co-edited with Hans Smits, entitled Thinking About and Enacting Curriculum in Frames of War (2012).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleComplicated Conversation
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight530 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHans Smits,Rahat Naqvi
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.35
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £24.16
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.