All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Swinging Sixties, sexual liberation and promiscuity - Riccarsham Ladies' Union are missing out and desire part of the action. Enter a confidence trickster who seeks out wealthy widows. This tale is tongue-in-cheek, humorous, provocative, maybe salacious, but there is no bad language and it is all in the best possible taste - well, almost.
- Author BiographyEric Edwards is a Hertfordshire man; he was born in Hemel Hempstead in 1932 and spent his childhood there through the Second World War. He finds it amusing that the powers that be have deemed it expedient to demolish both the school he attended and the church where he was a choirboy. Surely there is a message in there somewhere! He has lived in a little village not far from Hemel Hempstead for the last forty years. All his working life was spent in banking, which he admits was a little remote from the subject matter of Francesca, but he adds that it is the stories that the public told him day in, day out, over those forty years that have given him his wide insight into human nature and the very strange attitudes to sex that are out there. The future of the species depends upon it. His interests lie in country matters and in history, particularly railway history, and since his retirement he has written several carefully researched non-fiction works. Francesca, however, was not researched at all and everybody and everything in it is sheer fiction, except maybe for some almost forgotten names of long-extinct brands of beers and tobaccos. None of the opinions expressed have any relevance to those of the author. This is a work of fiction.
- Author(s)Eric Edwards
- PublisherArthur H.Stockwell Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationDevon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArthur H.Stockwell Ltd
- Weight687 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £12.18Trending at £15.18
- £5.43Trending at £8.99
- £4.30Trending at £4.55
- £6.27Trending at £7.98
- £4.63Trending at £6.28
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.