CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1856, the English photographer Francis Frith traveling up the Nile and then on to the Sinai, Palestine, Syria, and Lebanon, Frith systematically crafted exquisite pictures of ruins, landscapes, and legendary sites. This book reveals the meanings that these ostensibly topographic pictures held for the photographer and his Victorian audience.
- Author BiographyDouglas R. Nickel is Director of the Center for Creative Photography, Tucson, and Associate Professor of Art History at the University of Arizona, Tucson
- Author(s)Douglas R. Nickel
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2003
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Out-of-print date10/03/2017
- Content Note75 duotones. 10 halftones.
- Weight1514 g
- Width248 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine64 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.