All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDinah and her sister Lisa are growing up in 1950s South Africa, where racial laws are tightening. They are two little girls from a dissenting liberal family. At school, the sadistic Mrs Vaughan-Jones is providing instruction in mental arithmetic and racial prejudice. And then there's the puzzle of lunch break.
- Author BiographyBarbara Trapido was born in South Africa and is the author of five novels. She lives in Oxford.
- PrizesShortlisted for Whitbread Prize (Novel) 2003.
- Author(s)Barbara Trapido
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication05/04/2004
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date07/05/2009
- Weight256 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.70Trending at £4.91
- £4.66Trending at £4.82
- £4.66Trending at £4.78
- £4.44Trending at £4.50
- £4.77Trending at £4.92
- £4.59Trending at £5.58
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.