All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £23.16Trending at £35.82
- £28.00Trending at £33.83
- £24.08Trending at £37.77
- £27.89Trending at £38.32
- £42.41Trending at £64.99
About this product
- DescriptionFred Zinnemann directed some of the most acclaimed and controversial films of the twentieth century, yet he has been a shadowy presence in Hollywood history. In this volume, J.E. Smyth reveals the intellectual passion behind some of the most powerful films ever made about the rise and resistance to fascism and the legacy of the Second World War.
- Author BiographyJ. E. Smyth is associate professor of history and comparative American studies at the University of Warwick (United Kingdom). She is the author of Reconstructing American Historical Cinema from Cimarron to Citizen Kane and Edna Ferber's Hollywood: American Fictions of Gender, Race, and History and is the editor of Hollywood and the American Historical Film.
- Author(s)J. E. Smyth
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note70 black & white illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.