All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.62
- £11.24Trending at £13.00
- £37.21Trending at £44.99
- £9.88Trending at £11.52
- £11.78Trending at £18.99
- £26.43Trending at £28.66
- £9.88Trending at £10.90
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the ways in which considerations of difference, especially colonialism, post-colonialism, and race, have shaped French culture and French studies in the modern era.
- Author BiographyTyler Stovall is the author of France Since the Second World War (2002), Paris Noir: African Americans in the City of Light (1996), and The Rise of the Paris Red Belt (1990). He is Professor of History at the University of California, Berkeley. Georges Van Den Abbeele, author ofTravel as Metaphor: From Montaigne to Rousseau (1992) and translator of Jean-Francois Lyotard's major works, is Director of the Davis Humanities Institute and Professor of French and Italian at the University of California, Davis.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/09/2003
- GenrePopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Series TitleAfter the Empire: The Francophone World & Postcolonial France
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width150 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byGeorges van den Abbeele,Tyler Stovall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.