CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.86
- £26.30Trending at £26.86
- £17.70Trending at £25.33
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £24.99Trending at £30.20
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
About this product
- DescriptionProvides an examination of the everyday lives and suffering of Mexican migrants in our contemporary food system. The author shows how market forces, anti-immigrant sentiment, and racism undermine health and health care.
- Author BiographySeth M. Holmes is an anthropologist and physician. He received his PhD in Medical Anthropology from the University of California, Berkeley and San Francisco, and his M.D. from the University of California, San Francisco. He is Martin Sisters Endowed Chair Assistant Professor of Public Health and Medical Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley. Philippe Bourgois is Richard Perry University Professor of Anthropology and Family & Community Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and author, among other books of In Search of Respect (Cambridge, 2000) and Righteous Dopefiend (UC Press, 2010).
- Author(s)Seth M. Holmes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2013
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCalifornia Series in Public Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Number27
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note16 b/w photographs, 2 line illustrations, 1 map
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byPhilippe Bourgois
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.