Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £11.66+ £1.84 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books2aw
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.14+ £5.00 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by colerainepetshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £13.45Was:£16.99Free postage
- £13.00Was:£16.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionPublished as Aquariums For Dummies in its first edition, this fun and easy guide has been an invaluable resource for the nearly 12 million U.S. households that keep aquarium fish. And now it's even better! The book still delivers all the information hobbyists need in order to select and set up an aquarium, choose fish, and keep them healthy.
- Author BiographyMaddy and Mic Hargrove are both contributing writers for many aquatic magazines, including Tropical Fish Hobbyist and Aquarium Fish magazine, and are also the authors of several aquarium books. They have both been in the writing industry for over 30 years. Maddy's interest in fish began when she was five years old. She often dreamed of keeping fish at home as she watched the local fishermen bring in their daily catch in her hometown. She began keeping aquariums at age seven and began breeding fish at age ten. She built her aquarium collection by selling and trading her newborn fry to local aquarium stores in exchange for aquariums and equipment as she was growing up. Her passion for aquarium fish continued on after she finished her college degree in journalism and began writing aquarium-keeping articles for print and online aquatic magazines. Eventually, she wrote several aquarium columns and began writing fishkeeping books to help other hobbyists enjoy keeping aquariums at home as much as she did. Her love of fish has also appeared in her greeting cards, cartoons, and other artwork. Mic has kept aquarium fish for almost 30 years. He was one of the first sailors to develop a tank system that could keep aquarium fish alive onboard Navy vessels. His love of fish began when he saw many different species, aquatic traditions, and other hobbyists while on his worldwide military travels. Both authors enjoy breeding fish, traveling, scuba diving, cooking and creating exciting new recipes, collecting old records, and computer games.
- Author(s)Maddy Hargrove,Mic Hargrove
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2006
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- spudmurphy159503 May, 2016by
a great book to start with on your first tank
easy to read and a very good guied to your first fish tank.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.15
- £4.47Trending at £4.92
- £12.49Trending at £12.84
- £3.49Trending at £4.10
- £5.47Trending at £5.65
- £1.90Trending at £3.44
- £1.99Trending at £2.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.