All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.11
- £20.99Trending at £22.48
About this product
- Author(s)N. G. Wilson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/11/2016
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight407 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the First Edition Abbreviations 1. The Beginnings i.Precursors ii. Petrarch, Boccaccio and Pilato 2. Chrysoloras: methods of learning the language 3. Bruni and other early translators 4. Consolidation i. A first glance at Venice ii. The significance of the year 1423: Aurispa iii. The second half of Bruni's career iv. Traversari 5. Vittorino da Feltre 6. Guarino 7. Filelfo 8. Greek prelates in Italy i. The Council of Florence (1439) and its consequences ii. The Greek cardinal 9. Valla 10. Rome under Nicholas V and his successors 11. Florence in the second half of the century i. Argyropoulos ii. Ficino iii. Scholar-printers: Chalcondyles and Janus Lascaris 12. Politian 13. Padua, Bologna, Ferrara and Messina 14. Venice i. Ermolao Barbaro and Pietro Bembo ii. The Aldine Publishing house , the Neakademia and Forteguerri's manifesto iii. The publications of the first ten years iv. Interruptions v. Musurus 15. Conclusion Notes Indexes
- Author BiographyN. G. Wilson is Emeritus Fellow of Lincoln College, University of Oxford, UK. He has published widely on Greek palaeography, textual criticism and the history of classical scholarship including Scholars of Byzantium (1983), revised ed. (1996).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.