All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetails the story of a group of San Francisco Bay Area entrepreneurs - Stewart Brand and the Whole Earth network. While tracing the transformation of how our networked culture came to be, this book reminds us that the distance between the Grateful Dead and Google, between Ken Kesey and the computer itself, is not as great as we might think.
- Author BiographyFred Turner is assistant professor in the Department of Communication at Stanford University. He is the author of Echoes of Combat: The Vietnam War in American Memory.
- Author(s)Fred Turner
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2008
- GenreCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note16 halftones
- Weight486 g
- Width164 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.