All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn autobiography of Tony Southgate, one of motorsport's most prolific and versatile racing car designerst. It also features illustrations that emphasize the versatility of the author's skills and their impact on single-seater and sports car design through some of the most interesting decades of racing car development.
- Author BiographyCoventry-born Tony Southgate's early hobby was building model aircraft and boats, but after an engineering apprenticeship he designed and competed with his own 750cc racing car before securing his first job as a design draughtsman with Lola Cars in 1962. This was the beginning of a brilliant 38-year career during which he became the sole designer of almost 50 different racing cars, and assisted in the construction of a further 25 either as design assistant, design consultant or chief engineer. Always at the forefront of international competition, his cars achieved victories in the 'triple crown' of major races: the Le Mans 24 Hours, the Indianapolis 500 and the Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix, and were driven by some of the world's best known drivers. Always in demand, he worked for no fewer than 17 different teams In Europe, the United States and Japan and, widely respected both throughout the motorsport industry and amongst knowledgeable enthusiasts, he has been a popular speaker at motor clubs and historic racing events since his retirement from the drawing board.
- Author(s)Tony Southgate
- PublisherMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationCroydon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMotor Racing Publications Ltd
- Content Note200 colour & b&w photographs & illustrationns
- Width215 mm
- Height273 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £10.14Trending at £10.36
- £3.94Trending at £4.02
- £7.02Trending at £7.14
- £5.99Trending at £6.09
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £4.10Trending at £7.98
- £11.94Trending at £17.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.