All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £8.45Trending at £8.98
- £7.91Trending at £8.98
- £6.79Trending at £9.01
- £36.66Trending at £52.99
- £17.71Trending at £19.95
- £17.18Trending at £19.95
- £10.77Trending at £13.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an innovative examination of the interactions of science and technology, art, and literature in the 19th and 20th centuries, focusing on thermodynamics, electromagnetism, inscription, information theory, and virtuality.
- Author BiographyBruce Clarke is Professor of English and Director of the Center for the Interaction of the Arts and Sciences at Texas Tech University. He is the author, most recently, of Energy Forms: Allegory and Science in the Era of Classical Thermodynamics. Linda Dalrymple Henderson is David Bruton, Jr. Centennial Professor in Art History at the University of Texas at Austin. She is the author, most recently, of Duchamp in Context: Science and Technology in the Large Glass and Related Early Works.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2002
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleWriting Science
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Weight658 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byBruce Clarke,Linda Dalrymple Henderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.