Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.22Trending at £10.93
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.23
- £18.09Trending at £19.11
- £15.21Trending at £18.57
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on how we use language to make meaning of the world, on how the systems and structures of the ideational function of language represent the realisation of our experiences of the world around us. This title addresses issues such as layers of meaning through the transitivity system, and agency and subjectivity.
- Author BiographyCarys Jones is Lecturer in Nursing and Midwifery at King's College London. She holds a University of London doctorate in Linguistics in Education and has many publications around issues to do with how language helps learning: the focus of her main research interests. She promotes an SFL approach across different subject disciplines, for teaching and research purposes, in Higher Education Institutions within the UK and beyond. Eija Ventola is currently Professor of English at the University of Helsinki, Finland. Her published work on systemic functional linguistics, discourse analysis and textlinguistics includes studies on casual conversations, chats and service encounters of various kinds, as well as developing dynamic modelling of interactional discourse. Her current research and teaching interests include theoretical and applied issues of multisemiotics, for example videoconferencing and internetting, the globalised language of marketing, business, museums and tourism in multimodal and multimedial contexts.
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- Series TitleFunctional Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note49 figures
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCarys Jones,Eija Ventola
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.