All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £22.53Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £28.09
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £20.02
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Logic to Practice
- Author BiographyGabriele Lolli is Professor of Philosophy of Mathematics at the Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa, after a career in Mathematical Logic. His main present interests concern the origin of set theory, mathematical proof and the relations between mathematics and literature. Among his recent publications are QED. Fenomenologia della dimostrazione, Bollati Boringhieri, Turin, 2005; Experimental methods in proofs , in R. Lupacchini, G. Corsi (eds.), Deduction, Computation, Experiment, Springer, 2008; Nascita di un'idea matematica, Edizioni della Normale, Pisa, 2013; Mathematics according to Calvino , in M. Emmer (ed.), Imagine Math2, Springer, 2013.Marco Panza is Research Director at the CNRS and member of the IHPST (CNRS and Univ. of Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne). He is the author of several books and papers and the editor of several collective volumes in the domains of history and philosophy of mathematics. For the Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Sciences, he edited, with M. Otte, Analysis and sinthesis in Mathematics. History and Philosophy (1997). His books include: Newton et les origines de l'analyse, 1664-1666, Blanchard, Paris, 2005, and Plato's Problem. Introduction to Mathematical Platoinism, Palgrave Mac Millan, Bsingstoke (UK), 2013 (co-authored with Andrea Sereni).Giorgio Venturi is currently a post-doc at CLE (Campinas) and former PhD student both in philosophy at Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa, under the supervision of Gabriele Lolli, and in mathematics at the Universite Paris Diderot, under the supervision of Boban Velickovic. His main research field is set theory, both from a purely mathematical perspective - he co-authored Velickovic Proper forcing remastered appeared in Appalachian set theory (Cambridge University Press) - and from a philosophical point of view, as in Foundation of mathematics between theory and practice appeared in Philosophia scientae 18(1), 2014.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/11/2014
- Series TitleBoston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science
- Series Part/Volume Number308
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 Tables, black and white; 10 Illustrations, color; 17 Illustrations, black and white; XIX, 336 p. 27 illus., 10 illus. in color.
- Weight697 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byGabriele Lolli,Giorgio Venturi,Marco Panza
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.