All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback for the first time, From Maps to Metaphors, the classic on Vancouver's voyage, illuminates the European and Native experience of the discovery of the Pacific coast.
- Author BiographyRobin Fisher is a historian and the former provost and vice president academic of Mount Royal University. He previously served as the dean of the College of Arts, Social and Health Sciences at the University of Northern British Columbia. He is the author of Vancouver's Voyage (1992); Contact and Conflict: Indian-European Relations in British Columbia, 1774-1890 (UBC Press 1974, 1992); and Duff Pattullo of British Columbia (1991), among other books. Hugh J.M. Johnston is an historian affiliated with Simon Fraser University. He is the author of several books including Jewels of the Qila: The Remarkable Story of an Indo-Canadian Family (UBC Press, 2011) and The Voyage of the Komagata Maru: The Sikh Challenge to Canada's Colour Bar (UBC Press, 1989).
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- First Published2013
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHugh Johnston,Robin Fisher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.