All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book chronicles the history of the petroleum industry in Trinidad and Tobago and appraises major policy decisions impacting its economy. The book will be useful as a source document to students, researchers, policy makers, and anyone interested in developments in the energy sector in a small developing state.
- Author BiographyTrevor M. Boopsingh was a distinguished member of the International Society of Petroleum Engineers. He served as Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources from 1981 to 1987. He was a senior lecturer in the Department of Engineering at the University of the West Indies and served as chairman of its Engineering Institute from 1994 to 1998. He also served as chairman of the state-owned oil company Petrotrin from 1991 to 1995. His seminal work, Oil, Gas, and Development: A View from the South, was published in 1990. Boopsingh was awarded Trinidad and Tobago's second highest honor: the Chaconia Medal (Gold) for his outstanding contribution to the nation. Gregory McGuire is recognized as one of the leading energy economists in Trinidad and Tobago. He has over twenty years of cumulative experience in the energy industry, with particular emphasis on negotiating gas contracts, strategic planning, and gas marketing.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Note82 black & white illustrations, 38 tables
- Weight862 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byGregory McGuire,Trevor M. Boopsingh
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.79Trending at £6.98
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.