CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.74
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the environmental history of Cuba since the age of Columbus. This book emphasizes the two processes that have had a dramatic impact on the island's landscape: deforestation and sugar cultivation. It demonstrates how the sugar industry that came to define Cuba - and upon which Cuba depended - also devastated the ecology of the island.
- Author BiographyREINALDO FUNES MONZOTE is associate professor of history at the University of Havana. ALEX MARTIN is an independent translator living in Maryland.
- Author(s)Reinaldo Funes Monzote
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleEnvisioning Cuba
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note35 illustrations, 11 tables, 6 maps, glossary, notes, bibl., index
- Width133 mm
- Height235 mm
- Translated byAlex Martin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.