All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors of this book examine social movement scholars' use of contemporary concepts and paradigms in the study of protest as they analyse the extent to which these tools are valid (or not) in very different regional - and thus political or cultural - contexts. The chapters cover examples including urban riots in France and in Great Britain.
- Author BiographyDidier Chabanet is senior lecturer at Sciences Po (Cevipof) and Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lettres et Sciences Humaines (Triangle), France. Frederic Royall is senior lecturer at the University of Limerick, Ireland. Together they edited Mobilising Against Marginalisation in Europe (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2010). In addition to this Didier Chabanet is co-editor of The Mobilization of the Unemployed in Europe: From Acquiescence to Protest? (Palgrave, 2011) and co-author of European Governance and Democracy: Power and Protest in the EU (Rowman and Littlefield, 2008). Frederic Royall is author of Contemporary French Cultures And Societies (Peter Lang, 2004) and co-editor of Economic and Political Change in Asia and Europe: Social Movement Analyses (Springer, 2012).
- Author(s)Didier Chabanet,Frederic Royall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2014
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 2 b&w illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Hank Johnston
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £40.40Trending at £41.79
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.93
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.